In 2016, the Board introduced an ambitious and aspirational 5-year Strategic Plan with the aim to achieve its vision of improving early diagnosis, treatment options, outcomes and quality of life for sarcoma and related tumours patients.
The four core strategies serve as guiding principles for all the work undertaken by ANZSA.
- Develop strong research capabilities.
- Foster a collaborative and close-knit network community of clinicians, researchers and consumers.
- Deepen the portfolio of high-quality human-centred clinical trials with an increasing shift to translational research projects.
- Increase clinical trial patient recruitments and improve patient survival rates.
- Encourage peer to peer collaboration in sarcoma and related tumours research.
- Achieve a sustainable long term funding position.
- Identify self-sustaining funding solutions for ANZSA members undertaking sarcoma and related tumours research.
- Encourage philanthropic activity.
- Increase government funding to sarcoma and related tumours research projects.
- Deliver contemporary director education for the Board of Directors.
- Implement contemporary governance practices.
- Steward the development, approval and implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Prudently oversee ANZSA’s risks and monitor risk management.
- Educate and promote sarcoma and related tumours research to ANZSA members and the community.
- Raise ANZSA’s profile nationally and internationally as the relevant research community for sarcoma and related tumours research.
- Recognise ANZSA members who are producing and involved in high-quality sarcoma and related tumours research.
- Cultivate influence internationally through the delivery of high-quality sarcoma and related tumours research.
- Attract, develop and retain high-quality dedicated clinical and research staff.
- Actively promote participation in regional and international clinical studies, trials and research.
- Be a strong public advocate for patients.
- Foster the next generation of sarcoma clinicians and researchers.