Consumer Advisory Panel
The ANZSA’s Consumer Advisory Panel (CAP) was formed to give a strong voice to consumers within the sarcoma community, as it recognises the value and importance of consumer input in sarcoma clinical trials.
Chaired by ANZSA Director, Geoff McKinnon, the CAP plays an integral role in supporting, mentoring, advocating and training to the sarcoma community through its committee and consumer advocates.
Key responsibilities of ANZSA’s CAP include:
- Assessing the relevance of new clinical trial concepts and protocols under the consideration of the ANZSA’s SAC.
- Reviewing Patient Information Sheet and Consent Forms.
- Advising on patient recruitment strategies.
- Increasing the awareness of ANZSA and sarcoma research.
- Advocating for sarcoma research funding.